Thursday, October 11, 2007

New York, New York

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say, "Hi from New York!" I am having an amazing time and enjoying every moment. So far I have seen quite a bit, been to see the Colbert Report (didn't get into The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, the people in front of us were the last ones let in), walked through Times Square, Bryant Park, Union Square, seen the Hudson River, gone to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, and become a pro at using the subway (haven't screwed up once). The first night I spent in a hostel which was pretty cool. Last night, tonight and tomorrow I am couch surfing in Brooklyn with a guy named Shawn, his brother Adam and a German girl named Natalie. The three of them are extremely nice and a lot of fun to hangout with. Shawn met me for lunch yesterday and then went to The Colbert Report with me. Last night Shawn, Adam and I went to dinner at a bar in Brooklyn and had some beers, we had a great time just drinking and talking. Tonight I am meeting the two of them and a friend in Union Square and going to a movie. I think on Saturday I am heading to Albany to meet up with an old high school friend, Bill Ozuna, it will be really nice to spend some time together since I haven't seen him in years. I have taking lots of great pictures and will share them as soon as I have a moment to download them. I am a little technologically challenged, but I will do my best. I hope that all is well with everyone and I will keep you all updated on my adventures. Take Care!
Love
Petra

No comments: