Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dublin Day #1

I arrived in Dublin bright and early the morning of October 18th. It was weird for it to still be dark at 6:30... in fact, it didn't start getting light out until about 7:15 am. I hopped on a bus and made my way to Paddy's Hostel in downtown to meet up with my friend Heather. (She had arrived the night before from London.) Once there I sat in the lobby, a little nervous, but very excited. It was really nice knowing that I had a friend meeting me on my first adventure outside of the United States... and not just any friend, but a world traveller! (Heather is the middle of a trip around the world.) Seeing her again has been great. We spent our first morning in a great little cafe drinking tea and coffee and planning out our trip. We studied maps and all the information we had collected, trying to decide where to go and what to see. The rest of the day was for touring the city of Dublin. Our tour bus traveled around the city and we were able to hop on and off as we pleased... jumping on the next one to pass when we were ready for the next stop.

To be continued...

No comments: